Before we start
We like our customers to be as prepared as possible when it comes to doing the flooring job. Below are our top recommendations to ensure the installation or refinishing process flows as smoothly as possible. Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to call our office at 301-984-7469 or send us a message! For your convenience, click here to download our Before We Start instruction sheet.
Note for Refinishing Jobs:
– The equipment we use to sand your hardwood floor has a built-in vacuum cleaner for immediate dust removal. However, it is impossible for this equipment to vacuum all dust. In fact, there may be a 10 to 15% dust factor, most of which will be found on the baseboards and/or surface areas. This dust can be easily wiped off with a damp sponge. Ag Floors, Inc. or its staff, are under no obligation to clean. Keep in mind this is contracted home improvement work.
– 24 hours after we have completed our work, the finish on your floor will have reached about 75% of complete curing. Curing is complete in 7 days. Be aware of this when moving furniture (not dragging). We highly recommend adding felt tips to the bottom legs of any furniture to prevent scratching.
-Do not place rugs on the new floor until 2 weeks after the floor is refinished. At that time, we recommend using throw rugs and runners in high traffic areas and on the floor in front of the sink.
Things to Keep In mind
– AG Floors, Inc. matches stains as close as possible to pre existing hardwood floors. We cannot guarantee an “exact” match.
– Gaps within your hardwood floor are natural occurrence. Your house contracts and expands with the change of the seasons and settles over time. The price of refinishing includes random putty work in areas most affected. It is impossible to match putty to the floor surface (you know where putty can be found on the floor, no one else can unless they look for it). Putty is a temporary remedy, over the years it hardens and gradually chips out of the floor. If you want extensive putty work (troweling) there is an extra fee.
– Make sure you fully understand the process before the work begins. If you have any questions regarding this information or any other concerns you may have, please contact us!
Recommended Hardwood Floor care
To keep floors their best, we recommend that they be dusted, mopped, or vacuumed at least twice a week, more often on high traffic areas. Spills and tracked-in dirt can be cleaned by lightly damp-mopping the floor with a household sponge mop. Use clean water for regular sponge mopping. ONLY USE DAMP MOP. Click here to download the Care instruction sheet for hardwood floors.